Protect Your Audience & Maintain Your Stage Design with Theatrical Fire Curtains
When designing your stage, it is important to consider protecting your audience in the event of a fire. QSD designs, manufactures and installs fiberglass fire curtains that seal the stage from the auditorium in case of emergency. They are designed to drop when a line is cut manually or the fire alarm is activated.
The most straight forward design, the straight lift fire safety curtain system is used when the available space is more than twice the proscenium height. It uses a counterweight set to balance the weight of the curtain. Motorization is possible using a traction drive winch in place of the head block.
This system is used when the space above the proscenium is as small as half (or even less) the height of the proscenium opening. This type of curtain is not counterweighted, but is operated by a brail fire curtain winch. Both manual and powered winches are available.
The allure of a stage play or theatrical performance begins with the theater curtains. The beauty of our fire retardant curtains is that they don’t interfere with your stage design. They are completely undetectable and unseen by your audience.
It is our goal at QSD to help make your performances an exceptional, unforgettable and safe experience for you and your audience.
ZetexPlus Fire Curtain Fabric
Curtains made of ZetexPlus style 1210ZP material are listed and approved by the State of California Fire Marshal (listing #1670-1164:100) for use as Proscenium Fire Protection Curtains per uniform Building Code Standard 6.1 (1991 Edition)
- Construction 12 X 7
- Weight 0 oz/square yard
- Thickness 0.070 inches
- Weave Plain
- Minimum Breaking Strength
- Warp 500 lbs/inch
- Fill 425
- Flame Spread 5
- Smoke Density 0
- ZetexPlus 1210 ZP Meet or Exceed Code Requirements
- UBC 1991 Standard 6-1, Sect. 6.101, 6.102, 6.103
- 1994/97 Section 303.8, 405.3.4, Standard 4-1
- SBCCI 1991 Standard for Proscenium Curtains
- 1997 Section 403.2.5.2, 403.2.8
- BOCA 1991 Section 615.2.6
- 1994/96 Section 412.3.6
- Life Safety 1991 Section 8-22.214.171.124, 9-3.2-1.7
- IBC 2000 Section 410.3.5
- Partial Record of Tests Procedures
- UBC No. 42-1, 1991 Edition – “Flame Spread” (ASTM E84, UL-723, NFPA No. 255)
- ASTM D-1682-64 (Grab) – “Tensile Strength”
- UBC No. 43-1, 1991 Edition – “Fire Endurance Test” (CSFM Test Standard 12-43.1) 60 min @ 1700 F)
- British Standard 3119: 1959 – “Flammability”
- British Standard 476: Part 7: 1997 – “Flame Spread”
- British Standard 476: Part 22: 1987 – “Fire Resistance”
QSD is Your Trusted Theatrical Fire Curtains Supplier
For over 25 years, QSD has been a leading supplier in theatrical fire curtains. We thrive on challenging ourselves to design inconspicuous protective fire curtains for any size and shape of theater. When you work with us, you are working with our entire team to ensure your fire curtain project is a success.